If you want your business to flourish and grow, it is an absolute MUST, that you continue to invest in ongoing training, seek more knowledge, and learn new skills.
A great way to do that is to attend workshops, conferences, and live events that will teach you new strategies and equip you with the resources and tools you need to take your biz to the next level. I swear every time I leave an event, I walk away feeling pumped up and ready to take the (business) world by storm!
So, when the the opportunity arose for me to attend The List Tour conference, hosted by LaTanya Washington, founder of LW Special Events Management, I knew that I HAD to be there.
What a wonderful event it was! The day was filled with a stellar line up of speakers. Overall, it was a high energy, fun-filled day of learning, networking, and growth. Attendees left with actionable steps that they could implement to uplevel their businesses and processes in the areas of marketing, branding, systems, staffing and much, much more.
Highlights included a breakout jam session to Beyonce’s Formation, a Shark Tank-style pitch session that brought contestants to tears at the possibility of seeing their vision come to life, and witnessing a pair of mini-moguls share their business concept.
Check out some of my key takeaways:
Dr. Monica Wilson – Psychotherapist, Business Consultant
– Don’t sit on your gifts. To thine own self be true. Turn your pain into your purpose.
– Your purpose is not about you…it’s bigger than you. You’re making a mark in the world, unseen or seen.
Constance Moonzwe – Executive Director, ITH Staffing
– Sometimes you may have the vision, but you may not be the right person to drive your business forward. Figure out what you’re good at, what you’re not good at, and partner with someone to help you.
– Finding ‘A Players” begins with setting the bar high. Your organization doesn’t have roomfor B, C, or D players. A players are people that can do 90% of the position well.
Dawn Osborne – Next Level Management & Consulting
– Focused action beats brilliance every time. Genius is 1% inspiration, 99% perspiration.
– You need a niche instead of being a generalist – jack of all trades, master of none.
– If you don’t believe in your product or service, do something else. You have to believe in it in order to sell it to someone else.
Lydia & Peter Mehit – Custom Business Planning & Solutions
– Focus on the customer FIRST, then the product. If you know who your customer is, then you’ll know how to market to them.
– Price your products or services at a price that YOU are uncomfortable. If you are comfortable, you are not charging enough.
Queenie Johnson – Brand Strategist, Mama Be Brilliant
Things you need to release (that you’ve been taught)
- A mentality that there is not enough
- The thought that you can’t trust anybody.
- The need for validation. The reason you’re stagnant right now is because someone is not telling you “good job.”
- Fear of failure
– You’ve been trained out of your authority, and it’s YOUR job to decide to rule your world.
– Have a big message, but tailor it according to who you’re speaking to.
– Your message has to pull at the gut, count the cost, and be energetically exciting, and it has to be about THEM, not you.
Sweenie May – Marketing Mastermind Coach
Profile your target market – Study and speak their language.
Learn (and master) the difference between a soft sell vs. a hard sell
The day was PACKED with valuable content…no fluff. Exactly what I look for when determining the events that are worth my time and monetary investment. The List Tour is definitely worth it!
It was also a great opportunity to network, and see a few of my fave women in business:
BIG thank you, and congratulations goes out to LaTonya Washington for organizing such a wonderful event. It was such an honor to be a part of this interactive experience!
The next stop on the tour is Houston on Saturday, October 22. For more details, and to purchase tickets, check out their website at http://www.thelisttour.com